The kid-friendly paint party, music celebration, and free pancake breakfast that was scheduled for May 13th has been postponed due to inclement weather delaying SDOT’s implementation of the thermoplastic on the street. The event has been rescheduled for Saturday, June 24th.
We continue to pre-register neighbors for the event. We encourage all of our neighbors and anyone interested to pick up a brush and paint a section of the street – even if it’s only for 10 minutes. All volunteers will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win prizes from local businesses.
If you would like to volunteer, we have the following opportunities:
- Now: Assist with organizing event, seeking sponsorship of cash, products for raffle, or paint supplies.
- June 10-18: Post posters and flyer homes around neighborhood
- June 24: Volunteer to setup and cleanup tables, chairs, cones, caution tape, etc.
- June 24: Assist setting up volunteers to paint
- June 24: Paint the Street (10 min – 2hr depending on number of volunteers)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer in any capacity, but also if you would like to sign up to be a painting volunteer and secure a spot to paint.
Find out more info about the Weedin Place project at www.rooseveltseattle.org/weedin-place