RNA BOARD OF DIRECTORS/COMMITTEES
PURPOSE OF THE ROOSEVELT NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION (RNA): The principal aims and objectives of the RNA-Seattle are to educate, engage, and empower those living in or in close proximity to the Roosevelt neighborhood of Seattle regarding issues of importance to the neighborhood described in the Roosevelt Neighborhood Plan that was adopted by the Seattle City Council.
POSITION: TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE CHAIR
- Lead and organize the Transportation Committee and subcommittee volunteers
- Encourage an ongoing dialogue about transportation concerns and preferences among the membership.
- Advocate for pedestrian safety, working with neighbors to identify trouble areas and pursue mitigation through SDOT and neighborhood partnerships.
- Address bicycle accessibility by monitoring implementation of the Bicycle Master Plan, as well as addressing concerns relating to bicycle facilities, Greenways, and other bicycle infrastructure and safety issues.
- Work on parking solutions to make sure that residents, visitors, and local employees can reliably park within walking distance of homes and attractions, especially in portions of the neighborhood with a history of parking shortages.
- Reach out to developers and contractors, sharing concerns and working out transportation mitigation during construction projects.
- Monitor the development of the upcoming Roosevelt Link Light Rail station, with particular attention toward facilities and integration with our multi-modal transportation system.
- Advocate for bus transportation that integrates well with our multimodal system, and serves the needs of Roosevelt and its neighboring communities.
- Monitor other high-capacity projects and proposals, including those relating to bus rapid transit, street car, and light rail.
- Reach out to community councils and residents of neighboring communities (Green Lake, Ravenna-Bryant, and points east toward Sand Point) to plan for Link Light Rail and ensure that Roosevelt is an accessible transportation hub for commuters.
- Work with other committees of the RNA on all matters relating to transportation.
- Offer other analysis and advocacy that forwards the interest of the Roosevelt neighborhood, its residents, visitors, and fans.
- Planning Ability
- Strong Communicator
- Good Facilitator
- Networking Ability
- Connected in the Community
- Ability to Conduct a Meeting
- Ability to Analyze and Take Risks
- Knowledge of and Interest in Transportation Issues
TIME COMMITMENT: 10 hours per month.