The Seattle Department of Transportation announced it is moving forward with roadway changes along 75th Street. The changes will begin this month and are expected to finish before school starts in September. According to the City’s website, the following changes will be made between 15th Avenue NE and 35th Avenue NE
- A two-way left turn lane will be installed
- A marked crosswalk will be installed at 28th Avenue NE
- Bicycle lanes will be striped in both directions
- One general purpose travel lane will be provided in each direction
- On-street parking will no longer be allowed on the street, except where school buses need to load in front of Eckstein Middle School. On-street parking will be allowed in front of Eckstein all day except during designated school bus loading hours.
For more information visit the NE 75th Street Road Safety Corridor Project website.