If you missed the recent Roosevelt Light Rail Station open house you can still get caught up on the latest construction updates. Visit Sound Transit’s website to review the slides from their presentation.
- The green construction wall will go up soon, in phases.
- Station excavation and tunneling are scheduled to begin in 2014.
- Jet grouting (reinforcing the soil) near the tunneling sites takes place sometime between now and spring 2014. This will require partial lane closures on NE 65th St. for approximately three months.
- Some equipment may operate at night for the next year to install the slurry wall (fortification around the station box). Night is defined as 10 p.m.- 7 a.m. (M-F) and 10 p.m.- 9 a.m. (Sat, Sun, and holidays).
- The Roosevelt construction site will receive many, many tailings from the tunnel work. (One foot of progress in the tunnel = one truckload of dirt.) Detailed truck haul routes are available. Sound Transit is working with residents, businesses, and the high school to keep pedestrians safe.
Representatives from Sound Transit will also attend the next neighborhood general meeting to recap the presentation. The meeting takes place on November 26, 2013 at 7 p.m. at Calvary Christian Assembly (6801 Roosevelt Way NE).