“Roosevelt 101” is the first of five meetings planned for the Land Use Academy presented by the Roosevelt Neighborhood Association (RNA).
Our launch event will take place in conjunction with the Roosevelt Bull Moose Festival on Saturday, July 25th 2015 at Calvary Christian Assembly located at 68th Avenue NE & Roosevelt Way in North Seattle. Scheduled meeting time is from 10:00 AM until 11:30 AM. Meeting space is in the Ness Room at CCA on the ground floor of the building most conveniently accessed near the corner of 68th and 8th Avenue NE.
Meeting Agenda Highlights: [MC – Jim O’Halloran, RNA]
- Introductory Comments – Kathy Nyland, Director, Seattle Dept. of Neighborhoods
- Growth Management & Citywide Planning – Ryan Moore, Senior Planner, DPD
- Original Roosevelt Neighborhood Plan (1990’s) – Renee Davis, Co-chair, Tomorrow’s Roosevelt
- Neighborhood Light Rail Campaign (2004-2005) – Jim O’Halloran
- Neighborhood Plan Update & Zoning Recommendations (2005 – 2006) – Barbara Warren
- Neighborhood Plan Prioritization Process (200X) – Jim O’Halloran
- Sustainable, Livable Roosevelt Plan/City Council Rezone (2011 – 2012) – Jim O’Halloran, Sarah Swanberg, RBCA
- Green Streets Design Project (2012) – Jay Lazerwitz, RNA Land Use Chair
- Neighborhood Design Guidelines Update – (201X – 2015) – Jay Lazerwitz, RNA Land Use Chair
This session, Roosevelt 101, is planned as an informative, educational session for neighborhood residents and stakeholders. There will be opportunity for Q&A, but this session is not intended for in-depth public comment. Subsequent sessions will explicitly encourage community comments and input.