Groundbreaking ceremony—3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Community kick-off celebration—4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Bring the whole family as together we kick-off construction on the Northgate Link Extension. The light rail project is a key part of the regional mass transit expansion approved by voters in 2008. The 4.3-mile light rail extension includes stations in the U District, Roosevelt neighborhood and Northgate. Service is expected to begin in 2021.
You’re a big part of this project and we hope you can join us for a family-fun celebration to commemorate this historic milestone!
- Ceremonial groundbreaking
- Live music music by Roosevelt High School Jazz, Nu Klezmer Army, the Illicit Jug Cartel and the Rolling Retreads
- Face painter, balloon artist and train-themed bouncy house for the kids
- Link train photo booth – bring your camera or camera phone
- Zap Gridlock, Sound Transit’s traffic fighting superhero
- Project information booths – learn the latest on the station designs, public art, bicycle parking and access, current Sound Transit service and more.
This event is made possible thanks to the generous support of Jacobs Associates and LTK Engineering Services.