Roosevelt Community Emergency Hub
The Roosevelt Community Emergency Hub is a pre-determined location where neighbors and community members can gather to exchange information and resources in the event of a major disaster.
More than just a place to gather after a disaster
The Roosevelt Community Emergency HUB is powered by committed volunteers providing:
- Coordination of community needs and resource sharing.
- Emergency preparedness information, training, and tips.
- Encouragement for neighbors to be individually and collectively prepared for a disaster.
- Trained volunteers who collect and relay information on local situations, needs, and resources between Hubs, the Auxiliary Communications Service (ACS), and other locations in need.
- Communication with City of Seattle Emergency Operation Center (EOC) officials.
- Opportunities to build a more resilient community by working together with neighbors