The Emergency Communication Hubs were formed by neighbors across Seattle with a shared mission of preparing for, responding to, and being resilient after a major disaster.
Over the coming months, we will be offering manageable steps to help our neighbors prepare for a disaster.
Please consider the following…
1. Sign up for Alert Seattle
- Seattle’s official emergency alert system.
2. Sign up for Alert King County
- Stay informed about potential hazards and threats that impact your area.
3. Sign up for Smart 9-1-1
- Enter information about members of your household or your address (hard-to-find driveway). Medical information is very useful. You can also alert them to the presence of pets.
- When you call 9-1-1, the operator will see that information and pass it on to the responders.
- At a time when you may be panicked, or unable to communicate, Smart911 provides useful information to the operator even if you cannot.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors