The Roosevelt Neighborhood Association (RNA), Seattle, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation registered in the state of Washington.
The RNA facilitates inclusive community engagement efforts to support neighbors and local partners in achieving an equitable, happy, and forward-looking Roosevelt.
People from different backgrounds and ages can live, work, or play in a Roosevelt with a variety of high quality housing, transportation, businesses, schools, and community spaces for a happy and secure life.
- Inclusivity: We welcome everyone who lives, works, or plays in Roosevelt to the table.
- Equity: We believe that a person’s experience in the RNA, Roosevelt, and the surrounding community should not be determined by race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, economic, or housing status.
- Future-orientation: We celebrate Roosevelt’s history and proactively collaborate with our neighbors and partners to envision and plan for the future of our neighborhood.
- Community voice: We support meaningful community engagement and access to understandable information to activate the community’s voice.
- Bull Moose-ivity: We celebrate our community’s resilient and innovative spirit, like Theodore Roosevelt’s bull moose.
The RNA follows the goals and strategies outlined in the Roosevelt Neighborhood Plan, adopted by the Seattle City Council in 1999.
Volunteer Board Member and Committee Contacts
Ian Hamilton – Acting President
Amanda Winters – Secretary
Christopher Mitchell – Treasurer and Transportation Chair
Jay Lazerwitz – Land Use Committee Chair
Ian Hamilton – Business
Gina Leone – Head Blockhead for The Roosie
Sagar Ramachandra – Editor in Chief for the Roosie