An Emergency Communications Hub is an essential part of any Neighborhood Hub and will help us communicate with one another and citywide emergency response teams. Many of your neighbors have gotten special training and licensure to operate ham and other amateur radio communication devices. At each Neighborhood Hub there will be volunteers to ensure that some limited access to information is maintained.
Please consider the following…
1. Sign up for Alert Seattle
- Seattle’s official emergency alert system.
2. Sign up for Alert King County
- Stay informed about potential hazards and threats that impact your area.
3. Sign up for Smart 9-1-1
- Enter information about members of your household or your address (hard-to-find driveway). Medical information is very useful. You can also alert them to the presence of pets.
- When you call 9-1-1, the operator will see that information and pass it on to the responders.
- At a time when you may be panicked, or unable to communicate, Smart911 provides useful information to the operator even if you cannot.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
For more information or to volunteer: email@example.com